Foxtrot 3/37 slideshow

Friday, September 10, 2010

Sept. 1st, 2nd 2010

We Shot with scopes on our weapons today. We stayed on the range all day. It's mignight and we just got back. Let me tell you a little about Nic at Night. It was late at night. They marched us down a tunnel. Then When the light turned green we crawled around the fence that had a simulation grenaid. explosion. Then under the barbed wire fence and over the log. All while they shot live bullets over our heads. When they shot white flairs into the air we had to stop and hold very still until they went out. Then we crawled as fast as we could again. Your ol' Dad took 3rd place. Not bad for 29 years old. Every event is a competition between 3rd and 4th platoon.
Private Marks is going to come to church with me on Sunday. He's from 4th platoon so I don't get much time to talk to him. He came up to me and said, that you and his wife had become good friends. They got to talk to have their phones forever on Sunday. I can't figure our DS out. Today I asked one about our phones. You're not supposed to do that. Anyway he said,"you didn't get to call home on Sunday." Like he hd no idea. Well I get to call you Thursday and hopefully Sunday too. We'll see. (Shani: I talked to him Thursday, but not Sunday)
Thanks for your encouraging thoughts. I'm here just learning as much as I can. Remember Shani you will always be my girl and my sweetheart. I feel bad because I hear so many of these guys talking about cheeting on their wives while they're away. There are lots:( They just have no idea what they could have. I promise to always be faithful.
IIt's late. We have PT training in front of the general tomorrow. Oh...by the way we can't say Hooah! yet. Not until we are soldiers. After the 15k ruck march.
Thanks again kids for all the pictures. I love all of you. We havn't been alowed to try the shakes at the PX yet. I will try the Oreo one you recomended to me if I ever get the chance. I didn't end up missing the run when I was on CQ. They let me go change. CQ is pretty much Fireguard, but it's down stairs at the company desk. So if anyone comes in the night to check on things. There is always a job that goes along with it. Like sweeping or washing the cement off.

Sept. 2nd- I have tried to send you at least 2 letters a week, but they have kept us busy. We just had a locker inspection and surprisingly our platoon did pretty good. I had a shirt and socks not folded from last nights laundry. The rest of my locker was clean so they let me off. We learned more combative moves today. All of today was gaining the dominant possition. I can't remember if I told you about the night vision we've been practicing with. You can see so good! They hook onto our ACH (army combat helmet) It goes over one eye. (your dominant) Then we have lazer scopes on our weapon. You can see and shoot anything. The night vision has inferred on it too, So you can see heat. But you can't use it all the time because it makes it easy for the enemy to see you. We have been night shooting the past two nights. We have qualifications for night shooting next week.
Lately there has been long nights. We can't write on fireguard anymore because guys aren't doing their jobs. As you can see we don't have that many privleges. I love to look at all the pictures you've sent me. You would have to send me one of you in a swimsuit! (Shani: HELLO..It was from the neck up!)You are so cute. We're down to the last month till I see you. I can hardly wait. I wish you could bring all the rugrats, but it'll be nice to just spend some time with you. I'm glad my Mom and Dad are coming. They know we're going to need some time alone right? lol
How are the bills? Are you able to pay for everything? If not don't worry when I come home I'll get some good jobs rolling again. I will probably ask you all these questions again on the phone so you won't have to worry about writing them. I love you, be safe. You're my life, Love Dad

P.S. You kids stop growing up so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment