Foxtrot 3/37 slideshow

Friday, September 10, 2010

September 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th 2010

It was so nice to hear your voice (Shani: He got to call earlier)That's what keeps me going. It's you sweetheart, I promise:)Well you and turning to the Lord on the hard days. We are so blessed. It's so nice to have a beautiful wife who supports me at home. You keep me going in the right direction. Thanks for being so strong. It motivates me. I'm a little nervous for Monday. There's a really nice 18 year old kid named Canon in our platoon. He is really strong. He'll be the one to beat. I wish Monday would hurry up and get here. I am the fastest guy in the company. I run and 11:30 2 mile. The closest guy is 30 seconds behind me. I'm still a few points away from my max in both the sit ups and push ups. If you score 100 in all 3 category you get points above the 300 score. I need to do 77 push ups, 82 sit ups (in 2 min.)and a 13:18 2 mile run. For every push up and sit up over the max I get a point. Every 7 seconds under 13:18 I get a point. My goal is to get a 325 score. ha ha we'll see;)
Once this week is over I won't have to work out so much. Then I won't be so tired and sore.
Today we practiced throwing fake grenades. Next week we get to throw real ones:)
We worked on more room clearing and tactical movement in combat. We learned about two big saw machine guns. We shoot them tomorrow. They will shoot 200 rounds in a matter of seconds!
Sorry if I bore you with all the little things I'm doing. Some of them are more exciting when I write them. It depends on what kind of mood the DS are in. They can make it fun. If the DS are in a bad mood it's normally because the privates are not motivated and they walk around (not run) or talk when they are not supposed to. Then it gets bad for all of us.
I was glad to talk to you again and have a little more time to actually enjoy it. There's a new date when you should stop sending letters. Sept. 10th after the 10th don't send anymore mail. The nice thing is we should be in blue phase and I should be able to call you more. We can still write when i get to AIT, but I will have my phone and laptop so we can e-mail and stuff. The last couple of weeks here at basic I'll still write you because I know you like all the mushy stuff I say. lol It will be so nice to hold you again. I keep thinking of graduation and family day. I keep picturing you on my arm. That will be nice. If only it were longer than two days:( i hope you can come out to AIT too. Maybe in the middle to break things up a bit. It will be nice to have you come see me. I have to think of things to look forward to.
We went to blue phase today. It was just like when we went to white phase. The only difference is that the DS don't come around as much anymore. Only one stays around in the whole company.
By the way thy aren't going to let us call home on Sunday. I know when I called you before I told you we would. One DS tells us one thing and another says something else. They said if anyone scores a 300 on the PT test from our platoon on Monday then they can have ice cream at dinner. We'll see, they change their minds from day to day.lol
Oh...we shot AT4's today (Anti Tank Weapon) It shoots a rocket out. It's hand held on your shoulder. It will penetrate 14' of steel. What it does is it goes through the metal then it has a delayed explosion and it uses the metal it penetrates for shrapnel. So it not only stops the tank, but it kills everything inside. Pretty crazy. we also shot grenaids launchers. They mount underneath our M-16s or M4s. I hit 4 out of 5 at 100 meters. That was fun. We only shot chalk practice rounds. They did shoot 2 real grenades though. They also shot 2 real AT4 rounds at an old tank. It was cool to watch it explode. I shot the AT4 5 times. They had a 9 mm with a tracer round for us to practice with.
-Sept 5th-
I am on my 2nd fireguard shift tonight.It's 3:30 in the morning. There were 6 shifts before me that were supposed to do 5 loads laundry each shift. No one has done a single load. Everyone is so lazy! I'm going to tell them to morrow they are all Blank Blanks. Oh man...Foot ball season has started. Next week if I get my phone, if I get it all day??? I' might have a second to call Richard and find out some scores. In AIT I should be able to watch some games. We'll see.
It's Sunday night and I'm sorry I couldn't call you. I don't understand the DS sometimes. They tell us one thing and then they change their minds. It will be nice to just get out of here.
The PT test is tomorrow and I have 2 fireguard shifts tonight. Anyway I hope I can get some sleep tonight. This is what I've been working so hard for. If you haven't noticed when I have a lot of down time. Like right now, because of the PT test we don't to much so we can recover and relax. But that's when I think about you and home even more. Thank you for taking care of our cute little family.
-Sept. 7th-
I took the PT test yesterday. They haven't told us our scores yet. I know what I got though. I scored a 297 or 298. I was one push up and two sit ups away from a 300! I did score the highest in the platoon. The 2nd highest in the company. I'm a little upset at my self. Then after the PT test our DS were so mad at our platoon because 20 guys didn't pass. After he smoked everyone. He made me the PG. Not that I wanted the job. This means way more responsibility. YES! Just what I need. lol So much for staying under the radar. (Shani: uhmm...Duh..honey you can't have PT scores like that and stay under any type of radar!)
We go to the range a lot this week. We throw real grenades and shoot the big machine guns. We have been clearing real rooms now with blank rounds. That's pretty fun except you see how easy a soldier or two would die if they know you're coming and are prepared. We have a 7 mile march and our last march is the 9 mile next week. For the next few weeks we'll be staying very busy.
I can't wait to see you. I miss my cute kids. I hope you're all being good. I'll have mom bring you home something cool if you keep being good kids:) I will keep writing each week so you know whats going on. I love you all.

P.S. I"m so tired of shaving everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment